Wednesday 12 September 2007

Thoughts and Meditations

My current reading is a book by Kahlil Gibran, which shares the same title as this blog.
Here are two exceptionally great lines that i have come across thus far -
'It is the silence which proclaims the coming tempest. And when the tempest makes not its appearance, it is because the silence is stronger than the tempest.'

Another Gem which i would like to share with all, is from my favorite Poet 'Mirza Asadullah Khan Ghalib' :

qaid-e ;hayaat-o-band-e ;Gam a.sl me;N dono;N ek hai;N

maut se pahle aadmii ;Gam se nijaat paa))e kyuu;N

Translation: the prison of life and the bondage of grief– in essence/origin both are one
before death, why/how would a man find escape/release from grief?

My predispositions towards Persian poets (or should i say Wandering & Wondering Poets) has always been a mystery to me. I would attribute it to my love for Poetry and to the wonderful language of Urdu which, in my opinion, can effortlessly articulate the depths of emotion like no other language can.

No comments:

Current Favorites

  • Subject - Spiritualism, Ghalib, Kabir
  • Hindi Song - Mera Kuch Saman (Ijazzat), Tere Bin (Ek Pal)